Saturday, October 13, 2007

A bunch of crazies!

Tonight our boys did NOT want to wear their clothes...why you ask????....I have no idea. Luc takes his shirt off so Mitchell takes his off. Luc takes his pants and socks off so Mitchell takes his off. Then they proceed to run around the house acting like a bunch of crazies. They did sit down long enough to let me take some cute pictures of them. They are so funny. What one does, the other has to do. What one plays with the other has to play with too. This of course results in a lot of yelling, pushing, screaming, crying and fussing.....which results in a lot of timeouts in the corner. UGH!!! I know it is just a small preview of what is to come in the years ahead. Man, are we in for it!!! Their latest "fun thing" to do is to jump from couch to couch which scares the crap out of me. This of course results in many laughs and cries when they fall. Are all little boys like this? I swear I should weigh about 125 pounds the way we chase after them. They fall down playing so often now that it doesn't even phase me. We went to my parents house this morning to pick them up because they had spent the night there. Both boys were outside playing. Mitchell tripped and fell just as Luc was running around the car...didn't see him and tripped and fell over him. Neither one cried and I've seen it so often that I don't run to their side anymore. However my mom is standing there with this look of terror on her face. It makes me laugh when I think about it now.

Let me describe a typical morning for you. The alarm goes off at 6am. I get up, take a shower and get dressed. Then I head to Luc's room and turn on the light which makes Luc yell at me. LOL! (ok, I know that's mean but the boy is impossible to wake up in the morning if I don't do this.) I grab his clothes for the day then head to Mitchell's room. When I walk in the room he's already standing up waiting for me and I get the most wonderful smile as he says "Hi Mommy!" Just melts my heart :-D I grab him, his clothes for the day and a diaper and then head downstairs. I then change the wettest diaper you will ever see in your life and flip on Dora the Explorer. Now it's breakfast time. Mitchell wakes up ravenous. The boy cries and fusses until he gets his orange juice, banana and waffles or poptart. After I get him ready and at the table I go upstairs to get Luc who is still trying to sleep with the light on. UGH! I scrape him out of bed and usually have to give him a piggy back ride down the stairs because he's too tired to walk. LAZY!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA So, I get him downstairs, put him in his seat at the table when it starts. I don't want a waffle..I want a pop tart. I don't want this plate, I want a bowl. Then we get in an argument as I say, Luc eat your waffle. NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Luc, don't talk back to me, eat your waffle. BUT I want a pop tart. Darn it Luc, eat your waffle or you go into time out. Then he fusses and I leave the room annoyed. HA! I then go dry my hair. Sometimes they are fine while I"m doing this, other times Luc is still mad at me and starts making mean faces at Mitchell which makes Mitchell cry. Then I have to go in there and tell him to quit it. UGH! Luc is SO cranky in the morning....gee...I wonder where he gets that from???? cough cough DADDY cough cough HAHA. Okay, so I finish drying my hair. By the time I'm done they are usually done with breakfast. I get them down and wash Mitchells hands and face and tell Luc to go to the bathroom to wash his hands and face. BUT I don't want to. LUC GO IN THE BATHROOM AND WASH YOUR HANDS. BUT my hands aren't dirty. DARN IT LUC!!!! Get in there and wash your hands. Fake cries and fusses as he walks in there and washes his hands. By this time Daddy is downstairs. I get Mitchell dressed and tell Luc it's his turn. No mommy, Mitchell first. No Luc, I just dressed Mitchell, it's your turn. Come here. COME HERE....COME HERE NOW!!!! Fuss fuss...fake cry fake cry. Then he SLOWLY makes his way over. The PJ's come off and I tell him to go to the bathroom. BUT I don't have to go. Luc! Go to the bathroom now! fuss fuss cry cry as he heads in to pee. Then we get dressed and he magically snaps out of it and is the sweet little boy I know. All this happens w/in 1 hour. OH MY GOD!!! Then my work day starts. I think you all will understand why my hair is starting to go gray.....

No comments: