


The playground in Danvers was rather old and outdated so the town asked for volunteers to help rebuild the park. Jason voluntered. We were all so proud of him! The new park and playground is really nice!
Not only did Jason help with the town park, but we both helped build the kids a new swingset for our backyard! After about 20 hours of work over 4 days, it was completed. The boys LOVE it and play on it all the time!
Jason's birthday was on June 27th which just happened to fall on a Friday this year. I decided to throw him a birthday party for all his friends. We probably had 50+ people show up. It was a blast and Jason really enjoyed it! The boys and I got him a Wii which he was so excited about!
So, in July, with gas prices rising, I talked Jason into getting rid of my Buick Rendezvous piece of crap and buying a new car. After about a month of looking I made up my mind and got a 2007 Hyundai Sonata. I absolutely love it. It is my new favorite toy. Luc and Mitchell named my car 'Trouble.' No clue where that came from but that's it's name!
We did a few other things this summer that I do not have pictures on the computer of. Jason and I went on an "adult only" canoe trip in August. It was So much fun. It's annual trip that people in our neighborhood do. We went to Turkey Run in Indiana and camped out over night. We will definitely make this an annual ritual! We also went to the McLean County Fair and to Danvers Days. The boys really enjoyed the rides this year. They had a little ferris wheel which the boys rode over and over again.In September, I took the boys to Day of the Dozer. It is a locally sponsored event . The kids pay $5 and receive a hard hat and can ride as many machines as they want during the day. Luc and Mitchell's friend Harrison went with us. We waited in line to ride the Excavator. By the time we were to the front of the line, both Luc and Harrison did not want to go. Mitchell did so he went first. After that, Luc and Harrison rode as well. The boys LOVED it!!! They talked about it the rest of the day!

Yesterday, one of Jason's best friends got married. Mike and Ericka Carter. We had an absolute blast. Jason was an usher in the wedding. It was a beautiful wedding and we had so much fun catching up with old friends and friends we had not seen in some time.
Well, that's a quick review of our summer. I promise to try and update this more often. Halloween parties are coming up and trick or treating, pumpkin carving, apple cider, pumpkin donuts, Tanners Orchard.....lots to come!
1 comment:
Yeah! Glad to see you got caught up! Look forward to seeing more posts from you =)
Post a Comment