Thursday, July 5, 2007

First Family Vacation


Last weekend we took our first family vacation to Brookfield Zoo and had a blast! We drove up Friday afternoon and stayed in a hotel. When we got into our hotel room the boys went crazy walking all over the place and having lots of fun. Luc kept saying "This is so neat!" and kept asking if this was our new home! HAHA The hotel had a huge pool so we went swimming that night. Luc slept great with Daddy. I slept with Mitchell. He fell asleep fine but that kid tosses and turns more than anyone I know. I probably got 4 hours of sleep. At one point I woke up and his butt was in my face and all I smelled was pee! (Note to self....bring the pack & play next time. Have Mitchell fall asleep in bed and then transfer him to the pack & play.) It will make life much better for everyone. Leah on 4 hours of sleep is not a pretty sight.

So, we woke up with the boys in the morning. Mitchell woke up around 6:30 so we watched cartoons for awhile until Jason and Luc woke up. We went to breakfast and then were off to the zoo! 24 Acres of zoo and it was a lot of fun. We saw nearly all animals there. Luc's favorites were the kangaroos and Polar bears. I would have to say that Mitchell's favorite were the fish in the huge aquariums. Jason's favorites were the alligators and my favorites were the giraffe's. We walked all over the place from 9am till 4pm. By the time we left we were all exhausted and ready to come home.


It was a fun first vacation together and I know there will be a ton more!

No comments: